This privacy notice discloses the privacy practices for www.capcvet.org, which is owned and operated by the Companion Animal Parasite Council (referred to in this notice as “CAPC” or “we”). This privacy notice applies solely to information collected by this website. This notice covers the following:
1. What personally identifiable information is collected from you through the website, how it is used, and with whom it may be shared.
2. What choices are available to you regarding the use of your data.
3. The security procedures in place to protect the misuse of your information.
4. How you can correct any inaccuracies in the information.
Information Collection, Use, and Sharing CAPC asks for the following information from a new subscriber to the services provided: (a) your name, (b) the name of your veterinary hospital, (c) your Facebook user name, and (d) the e-mail address for you or your hospital. The information collected by CAPC is used solely by us and solely to facilitate the delivery of CAPC information to you. We only have access to/collect information that you voluntarily give us via email or other direct contact from you. We will not sell or rent this information to anyone.
CAPC will not collect any financial information from you. CAPC will not charge any fee for a subscription, nor will CAPC sell any goods or services on the website. Any change in this policy will be announced to all current subscribers.
This website also contains links to other sites. Please be aware that we are not responsible for the content or privacy practices of such other sites. We encourage our users to be aware when they leave our site and to read the privacy statements of any other site that collects personally identifiable information.
Your Access to and Control Over Information You may opt out of any future contacts from us at any time. You can do the following at any time by contacting us via the email address or phone number given on our website:
· See what data we have about you, if any.
· Change/correct any data we have about you.
· Have us delete any data we have about you. (We may have to cancel your subscription if you want us to delete essential information.)
Security We take precautions to protect your information. Only employees who need the information to perform a specific job are granted access to personally identifiable information. The computers/servers in which we store personally identifiable information are kept in a secure environment.